Venice may be known for it’s laid-back, beach culture, but the area’s most stylish street - Abbott Kinney - is home to some of the Westside’s hippest boutiques, galleries, coffee shops, restaurants and bars. Here are a handful (there are so many more!) of my favorite places to visit on the mile long strip. I guarantee there's something on Abbott Kinney that will intrigue, amuse and/or excite you!
- Gjelina- Pack in the beautiful people at this rustic-chic, indoor/outdoor hot spot. There’s always a wait, but it’s worth it... clearly. The scene is always buzzing and the food is continuously excellent. What to order? You cannot go wrong with any of the wood-burn oven pizzas and seasonal vegetables!
- The Butcher’s Daughter - As a New Yorker, this one has a special place in my heart. The white-washed, sun filled space is your brunch and lunch spot for plant-based dishes, fresh juice, coffee and/or craft cocktails. Don't have time to dine? The takeaway window and open air, prepared food market make it easy to grab-and-go!
- Principessa- Ladies, head on over to Principessa for the epitome of Venice style. The sophisticated boutique caters to the modern day flower child with bohemian, beach-chic apparel and accessories.
- Salt & Straw - Let’s get straight to the pint! The line doesn’t go out the door and around the corner at Salt & Straw for no reason. The chef-driven ice cream is handmade and has every flavor combination to satisfy all of your sweet and salty cravings!
- Zenbunni Chocolate - Head on over to the Zenbunni's Rabbit Hole to grab one of the signature chocolate bars that are infused with the most medicinal and delicious plants, minerals, oils, and spices. Each of the bars are handcrafted with biodynamic, organic and wild-foraged heirloom ingredients that are both nutritious and delicious!
- The Unlikely Florist - There's no way to miss the Unlikely Florist's cute VW van (unless he's going to get gas or something!). Find this truck and pick up a gorgeous, handmade bouquet; perfect for your table top, a present or surprising a loved one! I promise, the mobile flower shop is bound to make your heart blossom!
Planning on checking out Abbott Kinney? Try and head over there on the first Friday of the month. On each “First Friday,” Abbott Kinney turns into a street fest with food trucks, open galleries and late-night shop hours. The celebration brings out locals and visitors, alike, for bites and sales in the fashionable Venice hood!