We all know silky hair when we see it: healthy, shiny, and tangle-free. You know, like the commercials? But if you put your hair through its own obstacle course of styling tools, tons of product, and dye jobs, attaining silkiness can seem like a far-off dream. Not to fret though. With the right hacks, we can all improve the look and feel of our hair. Did someone say #hairgoals?
- Comb vs. Brush. That detangling noise that we may hear is actually our hair ripping (yikes). To avoid that, gently detangle hair by using a comb (or a brush designed for use on wet hair) when it’s wet, and only using a brush when it’s dry. Also - cue Drake's voice - “start from the bottom now you’re here.” Literally, start from the bottom of your hair, work through the knots and tangles, and then move towards the middle and roots. If the knots have really got you tangled up in emotions, use a detangler to help smooth things over. I love the Protect&Detangle from Beauty Protector; it doubles as a heat protectant spray for styling too!
- Sleep on silk. Cotton absorbs all of the moisture from your strands, while silk or satin maintains oils necessary for nourished hair. Switch out your pillowcase for one like the super cute slip Silk, which, might I mentioned, is recommended by dermatologists, hair stylists, beauty experts, and a supermodel or two (hello, Cindy Crawford).
- Cold Air for Silky Hair. You know that “cool” function on your hair dryer? If you’ve ever wondered what that was actually used for, you’re in the right place. Use that cold air button to finish your blowout. It helps close the cuticle and lock in your volume, style and the movement of your hair. Now that’s COOL.
- Drink water. How many times have you heard this one? There’s a reason: the health benefits are seriously worth sipping into. Stay hydrated, people! What you put on the inside affects the way you look on the outside.
- Treat Yo’self to a Weekly Treatment. Damaged hair needs a little extra TLC. The UNITE 7SECONDS Masque nourishes your strands down to the core, promoting shine, softness, manageability, and elasticity -- leaving hair stronger and less prone to breakage. And, it's lightweight enough for fine-haired friends but strong enough to battle even the most brittle mane; this masque is what you call the ultimate in hair health.
Now go shine like the diamond you are!